WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF TOXINS IN THE BODY ? •acne •headaches •allergies •joint pain •lack of energy •bad breath •lack of
concentration •bloating •loss of short term memory •confusion •nausea •constipation •skin disorders •water retention •flatulence •weakness These are but a few of the symptoms associated with toxins in the body.
HOW DOES OUR BODY BECOME TOXIC ? The air we breathe, the foods we eat, the appliances we use, the water we drink, the medical treatments and diagnostic tests (x-ray etc.) we undergo, the drugs we take (prescribed, over the counter or illegal, alcohol or cigarettes) are some of the things that contribute to the level of toxins in our body.
Our bodies are organic and the above mentioned substances are inorganic.
We cannot assimilate inorganic substances, therefore, they become toxic settlements in our organs, brain and bloodstream. In today's world, where just about everything is synthesized, processed or manufactured, we cannot escape exposure to toxins. To ensure our health, we must learn how to eliminate and prevent build-up and reduce exposure to toxins. WHAT CAN WE DO TO ELIMINATE TOXINS WE ALREADY HAVE ?
1. CLEAN OUR COLONS!!! Many health food stores carry bowel cleansing kits that contain bentonite (volcanic ash), chlorophyll and psyllium hulls. This type of cleanse usually
requires a 7 day fast. You drink a mixture of the above ingredients several
times a day. Bentonite swells 12 times its size when mixed with water and pulls away all putrified residue from the lining of the colon for elimination. Typically, we all have a certain amount of material that is caked on the lining of the colon which poisons our system by pouring out toxins that are deadly to body cells. This seven day cleanse is effective, however, it is very strenuous and it is not recommended for people with diabetes, cancer, AIDS, and other health conditions requiring food energy to combat their condition.
A better way to clean the colon is to see your local colon hydrotherapist for a colonic. Colonics have historically shown their efficacy in eliminating toxins and improving numerous health conditions. For more information on Colonics, call Nancy Guess at (903) 234-2217 or visit alternativemedicine.com
to locate a colon hydrotherapist near you.
2. DRY SKIN BRUSHING: Your skin is the largest eliminating organ you have. If working properly, it can eliminate up to 2 pounds of toxins daily. You can find an all vegetable bristle dry skin brush at your local health food store. Before showering, brush all of your skin (skin should be dry) with as much pressure as you can tolerate ( DO NOT BRUSH YOUR FACE). To be most effective in releasing the toxins through the pores, brush in a circular motion and try to brush your feet, legs, arms, hands, stomach, back and buttocks. Then shower.
3. FIBER: Include fiber in your diet daily: insoluble fiber such as bran and psyllium hulls is preferable. (Take as directed on the label.)
4. DIET: Include cruciferous vegetables in your diet daily: 3 one cup servings from the list below. One raw and 2 slightly steamed. (Horseradish should be grated fresh in sauces and spreads)
when possible. • Change filters in your furnace and ac unit frequently (every month) or incorporate a clean air system in your home. • Reduce the amount
of red meat from your diet to only twice a week and try to find meat that
does not contain injections of synthetic hormones.
• Avoid all processed foods (meats, cheeses etc.)
Finally, eat 1/2 cup of the following mix daily: Mix the following together and store the remaining portion in the refrigerator for no more than two days. 1 green pepper 1 stalk celery 1/4 cucumber 1/4 onion 1/4 jicama 1/4 crushed garlic 1/4 bunch parsley 1/4 bunch watercress 8 dandelion leaves
HERE'S TO YOUR HEALTH AS YOU DISCOVER
THE POWER OF DETOXIFICATION Patricia Binkley-Childress